Is the lock mechanism preventing the lid from closing?
(Style of lock may vary by model number)
- To lock or unlock the freezer, you must hold the key in the lock while turning. The lock is spring-loaded, so the key cannot be left in the lock.
- Clear any frost or debris build-up from lock mechanism that may be preventing the lid from closing fully.
- Unlock and open the lid, close and lock again.
Is the freezer level?
If the freezer is not level it could the lock to not latch correctly. Level the freezer from side to side and front to back.
CLICK HERE for more information on how to level your freezer.
Are the shelves and/or baskets out of position (on some models)?
If the baskets and/or shelves are out of the position is could cause the following:
- Not allow the lid to properly close
- Not allow the lid to properly open
- Allow moisture and air in, potentially causing excessive frost build-up
- Cause compressor to run longer to maintain temperatures
- Lock to not to properly engage
Is there anything preventing the lid from closing?
- Check to make sure food packages are not preventing the lock from latching correctly. Rearrange containers so that they fit more tightly and take up less space.
- If your freezer was recently installed, make sure all packaging has been removed. Some packaging used to avoid damage during shipping could keep the lid from opening and closing properly. Remove any material, items, or debris from the Lid area.
Still need help? Contact us or schedule service.
Please contact us or click below to make an appointment from our preferred list of service providers for service on your appliances.
Interested in purchasing an Extended Service Plan?
Please click below to learn more on how you can save up to 25% on New Appliance Extended Service Plans within 30 days of your appliance purchase.