How to Transfer Ownership of My Maytag Connected Appliance
Upgrading your appliances? Moving out and leaving your appliances behind? Before you leave your home or remove your appliances, make sure you complete the steps below, so the appliances are given the ability to connect to a new home network. Do not delete the mobile app before completing the steps below. Deleting the mobile app alone will not remove ownership.
From the mobile app, complete the following steps:
- Login to the Maytag Mobile App
- Select the appliance you wish to transfer ownership of or delete
- Click on "Preferences"
- Click on "Delete Appliance"
- The appliance can now be claimed and registered with a new user
NOTE: This step will need to be completed for any additional appliances that you wish to transfer ownership.
For Previously Owned Appliances
If you purchased a used appliance or moved into a home where the previous owner did not release the appliance, don't worry.
To accomplish claiming a previously claimed appliance:
- Download the Maytag Mobile App
- Create an account
- Call us at 1-877-559-2605, and we will be happy to assist.
Need additional help?
If you need additional help with your connected appliances please contact us at 1-877-559-2605.
If you would like to download or view product literature for your appliance, please visit our Manuals and Literature page.