Top load HE washers have a low water wash system
However, some cycles on these machines do use a deeper fill wash or rinse. By using these cycles, such as bulky, you will get a higher water level in your machine. We recommend using the correct cycle based on the type of clothing you are washing. Using the incorrect cycle could result in poor wash performance and tangled clothing. Refer to your Use and Care Guide for cycle recommendations. Not all cycles are available on all machines.
- Delicate or Hand Wash cycles: the washer will fill to about 1/2 full.
- Whites, Heavy Duty, Deep Water Wash, Power Wash, and Super Wash cycles: the washer will fill to about 1/2 full.
- Normal, Casual, and Wrinkle Control cycles: the washer will fill to slightly less than 1/2 full.
- Quick Wash or Express Wash cycles: the washer will fill to a minimum, and only a few inches of water will be in the bottom of the washer.
- Bulky cycle: the washer will be completely full.
- Rinse Cycle and some cycles that use a spray rinse will not fill. However, by using the Fabric Softener option, the washer will use a full rinse.
NOTE: Using these cycles may increase the amount of time and energy used by your washer. Also, adding additional water to the washer could result in poor wash performance and tangled clothes. When additional water is added to the washer the clothing could potentially float and not allow for proper agitation. It may also dilute the detergent.
CLICK HERE for more information and watch a video on how HE washers use less water
For models with an agitator and Deep Water Wash Option
Some agitator models have a Deep Water Wash option and also have an Auto Sensing option. If your model has this, you can set the Water Level knob to the Deep Water Wash setting and the washer will fill to the maximum water level.
If you would like to download or view product literature for your appliance, please visit our Manuals and Literature page.
Still need help? Call or schedule service.
You may need assistance from a qualified technician. Call 1-800-344-1274 or click below to schedule an appointment.