F8 E1 or Lo FL Error Code
The F8 E1 or Lo FL error code means your washer is not detecting the correct amount of incoming water.
If the washer has an F8 E1 error or LO FL error, the door may be locked, and the control may be unresponsive. Press the power button, and the washer will start a drain routine which takes approximately 8 to 10 minutes, during which time the pump will run continuously. The control will not accept any input during this time. Please wait 10 minutes before trying to perform any functions.
Once complete, cancel the cycle, and check the following:
Are both the Hot and Cold Water supply lines completely turned on?
Check that the water supply is turned on to the washer. Check that both the hot and cold water supplies are completely opened. Both must be connected for the washer to operate properly. Check that the inlet hoses are not twisted or kinked in any way.
Is the drain hose correctly installed?
Check drain hose for proper installation.
- Use the U-shaped drain hose form on the drain hose and securely attach to drainpipe (standpipe) or tub.
- Check that only 4.5" (113 mm) of drain hose is in the drainpipe (standpipe) or sink, as per picture below. Do not tape over the drain opening.
- The drainpipe (standpipe) height requirements minimum is 39 inches (99 cm). If your drainpipe is not 39 inches in height, you will need to contact a plumber to correct. If the drain hose is not high enough, the incoming water will siphon out and the sensors will detect that there is not enough water in the washer.
- Make sure the drain hose is not kinked or clogged. Straighten the hose for adequate water flow. Remove any blockage from the drainpipe of utility sink.
CLICK HERE for more information on how to install the drain hose
Are the water inlet hoses kinked?
Check for any kinks in inlet hoses, which can restrict water flow.
CLICK HERE for more information on the water supply
Are you using an Anti-flood device or controls?
Whirlpool recommends that appliances be direct connected to the water supply for optimum machine performance. Using anti-flood devices can reduce the water pressure and amount of water entering the appliance.
CLICK HERE for more information on the use of flood safe devices
To remove displayed code:
- Press the Pause or Cancel button twice
- Press the Power button once
NOTE: The method for removing the displayed code varies by model
If code is still displayed:
- Unplug the washer or disconnect the power for one minute.
- Plug in the washer or reconnect the power.
- Re-select the cycle and press Start.
Once water supply has been checked, try restarting the cycle. If error code recurs, call for service.
Still need help? Call or schedule service.
You may need assistance from a qualified technician. Call 1-800-344-1274 or click below to schedule an appointment.