Cleaning the Drain Pump Filter/Draining Residual Water
NOTE: Perform the following procedure occasionally.
- Open the dispenser drawer by pulling on the handle at the base of the washer. This will reveal the drain pump filter. Remove the drawer by releasing the tab on each side. With your finger, push down on tab on right side of drawer, and up on tab on left side of drawer.
- Place a broad, flat container beneath the drain pump filter to collect the drain water. Release the black hose from the hose clip, remove the plug, and drain the hose into the container. Empty the container. Repeat this procedure if necessary until all the water has drained. Make sure that the black hose is completely dry, replace the plug, and secure the hose in the clip. NOTE: If water does not drain well, push in hose slightly to remove any possible kinks.
- . Lay a cotton cloth beneath the drain pump filter to absorb any water still in it. Then remove the drain pump filter by turning it counterclockwise.
- Remove large clumps of lint by hand from the filter and place lint in a suitable waste container. Remove remaining residue from the filter by rinsing with water.
- Reinsert the drain pump filter by turning it clockwise. Make sure to turn it in as far as it will go, with the filter handle remaining as close as possible to the vertical position.
- Replace and close the dispenser drawer. Make sure to insert both rails simultaneously when replacing the drawer. You will hear a clicking sound that indicates the rails have engaged. To ensure proper placement of the drawer, pull out fully. The drawer should be fully engaged and the rails locked in place. Make sure the drain hose is secured in the hose clip and tucked underneath the cutout.
Still need help? Call or schedule service.
You may need assistance from a qualified technician. Call 1-800-344-1274 or click below to schedule an appointment.