Did the power recently go out?
The Power Outage indicator (on some models) lets you know if the power supply to the refrigerator has been off and the freezer temperature has risen.
The control panel display will read “Power Outage” and an alert tone will sound 3 times. Touch any button to stop the tone, and touch any button again to turn off Power Outage icon. Once the power outage has been confirmed, “Power Outage” icon will disappear and the display will return to the Home screen.
Is the power supply connected correctly?
Make sure the power cord is plugged into a 3 prong outlet. A 115 Volt, 60 Hz., AC only 15- or 20-amp fused, grounded electrical supply is required.
- It is recommended that a separate circuit serving only your refrigerator is used.
- Use an outlet that cannot be turned off by a switch.
- Do not use an extension cord.
- Check the outlet. If you are unaware if it's working, plug in a household lamp or other small appliance to verify that the outlet is working.
Check circuit breaker or household fuse:
- Check to see if a household circuit breaker or Ground Fault Circuit Interrupt (GFCI) outlet has tripped. If so, reset the circuit breaker or Ground Fault Circuit Interrupt.
- If the refrigerator is on a fuse box, check to see if a fuse has blown and replace it, if necessary. If the problem continues, call an electrician.
(Example of GFCI outlet)
Check the controls
Make sure the controls are turned on. See"Using the Controls" section of the Use and Care Guide for instructions on how to turn the refrigerator off and on.
Still need help? Call or schedule service.
You may need assistance from a qualified technician. Call 1-800-344-1274 or click below to schedule an appointment.