Is the Clean light flashing?
Check the following if the Clean light is flashing:
- Is the overfill protection float able to move up and down freely? Press down to release.
- Be sure the water supply is turned on to the dishwasher. (This is very important following the new installation of your dishwasher.)
NOTE: If the Clean light is illuminated (not blinking) at the end of the cycle, this is normal. Most dishwasher Clean lights will remain on until the door is opened, then closed, or the Cancel button is selected. This is normal.
Is there foam or suds in the bottom of the dishwasher?
Check for foam or suds in the dishwasher. If foam or suds are detected by the dishwasher sensing system, the dishwasher may not operate properly or may not fill with water.
Suds can come from:
- Using the incorrect type of detergent, such as laundry detergent, hand soap, or dish detergent for hand washing dishes.
- Forgetting to replace the rinse aid dispenser cap after filling (or refilling) the rinse aid.
- Using an excessive amount of dishwasher detergent.
If suds are present:
- Use a plastic cup to scoop out as many suds as possible.
- Remove dishes from the dishwasher and add 2-3 tablespoons of vegetable cooking oil to the bottom of the dishwasher to suppress suds.
- Run a full cycle with no detergent or dishes.
- Follow with a full cycle; fill dispenser cups with detergent, but do not add dishes.
It is normal for the Clean light to stay on after the cycle is complete. The Clean light is an indication that the dishwasher has been run and the dishes inside it are clean. Once the door is opened after the cycle is complete, the light will shut off.
Cycle power to the control to reset the dishwasher:
To reset the dishwasher control panel:
- Disconnected from the power source for one minute.
- If your dishwasher is plugged into an outlet, simply unplug the unit for one minute and then plug the unit back in.
Still need help? Call or schedule service.
You may need assistance from a qualified technician. Call 1-800-344-1274 or click below to schedule an appointment.