Is the refrigerator located in a garage?
This refrigerator is designed for indoor, household use only. It is intended for use in a location where the temperature ranges from a minimum of 55°F (13°C) to a maximum of 110°F (43°C). Operating the refrigerator outside of the recommended temperature range may result in improper temperatures, temperature fluctuation, and/or the refrigerator to not running at peak performance.
Is the cooling function turned On?
If the refrigerator is not cooling correctly, check to make sure the Refrigerator is turned on. Some Refrigerators need to be manually turned back on after a power outage or power surge. The Refrigerator could also accidentally be turned off during routine cleaning.
For Information on how to turn the Refrigerator Off and On, please see your Owner's Manual for specific information on your model.
Are the controls set correctly for the surrounding conditions?
Temperature controls are preset at the factory to the "mid setting," which should be correct for regular household use. The controls are set correctly when beverages are as cold as you would like.
- If you need to adjust the temperature, wait at least 24 hours between adjustments, and then recheck the temperature.
- To make the Refrigerator colder, adjust the control to the next higher setting. To make the Refrigerator less cold, adjust the control to the next lower setting.
- Repeat this process until the desired temperature is reached
NOTE: Since control panels vary by Refrigerator type, please see your Owner's Manual for specific information on your model.
Is the airflow control set correctly?
The Airflow control is located on the back wall of the freezer. It regulates the amount of air flowing between the freezer and refrigerator compartments. When you plug in the refrigerator for the first time, turn the Airflow control to the Recommended setting.
If you want to temporarily increase the cold airflow to a specific compartment, adjust the control. IMPORTANT: Once the performance is achieved, return the Airflow control to the Recommended setting to keep the refrigerator operating at optimum efficiency.
Are the air vents blocked?
To ensure proper temperature, you need to allow room for adequate airflow between the freezer and refrigerator compartments. Cold air enters and exits the refrigerator compartment from the freezer compartment through vents. Depending on your model, these vents are in different locations.
- Locate the vents in both the freezer and refrigerator compartments and ensure that nothing is blocking the airflow.
- If vents are blocked, airflow will decrease. Temperature and moisture issues may arise due to blocked vents.
- Items placed directly in the airflow from the freezer compartment to the refrigerator compartment may freeze. Do not place temperature-sensitive items, such as eggs and liquids, in these areas.
CLICK HERE for additional information on airflow
Have the doors been opened often?
- Try to get everything you need out of the refrigerator at once, keep food organized, so it is easy to find and close the refrigerator as soon as the food is removed.
- Be aware the refrigerator will warm when the door is opened often and for long periods
- Opening the door usually also allows excess moisture into the refrigerator, potentially creating frost or condensation
Was the door swing reversed?
If the doors were removed during the installation process, ensure they were properly installed. If the doors were not installed correctly it could cause the following:
- Doors unable to close properly or seal properly
- Frost build-up or moisture concerns
- Temperature fluctuation
- Doors not properly aligned
- Door switch unable to actuate correctly
If you are experiencing any of these issues, please refer to the Owner's Manual or Installation Instructions for specific installation information.
CLICK HERE to watch a video
Still need help? Contact us or schedule service.
Please contact us or click below to make an appointment from our preferred list of service providers for service on your appliances.
Interested in purchasing an Extended Service Plan?
Please click below to learn more on how you can save up to 25% on New Appliance Extended Service Plans within 30 days of your appliance purchase.