How to correct odd tasting water or ice in your Maytag refrigerator
Odd tasting water and/or ice can be caused by several things. The most common causes are:
- New plumbing
- Incorrect water supply line
- Improperly stored food
New plumbing connections, such as PVC pipes and fittings, can cause discolored or off-flavored ice. Discard the first few batches of ice and flush additional water through the water dispenser.
Water Supply Line:
Verify that you are using one of the recommended water supply line:
- Copper Water Supply Line
- A Water Supply Line purchased from Whirlpool
Depending on the household water supply properties and the type of supply line used by the consumer, properties in the water may cause different types of supply lines to react in different ways; this has the potential to result in bad odor or taste in the refrigeration water and ice systems.
- Check for properly wrapped food. Ice and water absorbs odors.
- Use airtight, moisture-proof packaging to help avoid odor transfer from stored food.
- If the ice cubes have an odd taste or odor, throw them away. Allow 24 hours for the ice maker to produce more ice.
CLICK HERE to watch a video on troubleshooting off tasting ice/water