Cleaning Guide for Maytag Refrigerator Condenser Coils
Refer to the Use and Care Guide for additional information on cleaning the condensers for your specific refrigerator model. Some models do not require the condenser coils to be cleaned and other models can only be cleaned by a certified technician.
Steps to clean the condenser:
- Unplug refrigerator or disconnect power.
- Remove the base grille at the bottom of the refrigerator. Do this by opening both doors, placing your hands along the ends of the grille and pushing in on the top of the grille while pulling up on the bottom.
- Use a vacuum cleaner with a soft brush to clean the grille, the open areas behind the grille and front surface area to be cleaned. A specific Refrigerator Coil Brush can also be used. We recommend using the Whirlpool Maintenance Brush part number: 4210463RW.
- Replace the base grille. Do so by lining up the grille support tabs with the metal clips and pushing the grille firmly to snap into place.
- Plug in refrigerator or reconnect power.
When should I clean the condenser coils?
There is typically no need for routine condenser cleaning in a normal home operating environment. However, if the environment is particularly greasy or dusty, or there is significant pet traffic in the home, the condenser should be cleaned every 2 to 3 months to ensure maximum efficiency.