Is the freezer running?
Check to see if the freezer is turned on and is running. If the freezer is running and turned on the indicator lights should be illuminated. The indicator lights will vary by model, so check your "Owner's Manual" for specific information. If the freezer is too warm, but it is running, try changing the temperature setting to a lower temperature.
Has a large amount of food been added to the freezer?
Adding a large amount of food warms the freezer. It can take several hours for the freezer temperature to stabilize after adding large quantities of unfrozen food.
IMPORTANT: Before the first use, allow the freezer to cool 6 to 8 hours before filling with frozen food. Let the freezer cool overnight before adding large amounts of unfrozen food. Do not add more than 2 to 3 pounds (0.907 to 1.360 kg) of unfrozen food per cubic foot of freezer space.
Was your freezer recently Installed?
If the freezer or ice maker was recently installed, you should allow 24 hours for the freezer to cool enough to begin making ice. Once the freezer is completely cooled, the ice maker should produce a batch of cubes about every three hours and may take up to three days to fill the ice bin. Wait 72 hours for full ice production to begin.
Where is the freezer located?
- Do not install the freezer near an oven, radiator, or another heat source, nor in a location where the temperature will fall below 40°F
- Allow at least 3" (7.5 cm) of air space at the top and on both sides of the freezer and 2" (2.5 cm) between the back of the freezer and the wall. If the freezer is to be against a wall, leave extra space on the hinge side so the door can open wider.
Has the door or lid been open for a long period of time?
- Keeping the door or lid open for a long period of time will allow excess moisture into the freezer, potentially creating frost.
- Close the door or lid as soon as possible after the food is removed.
- Be aware the freezer will warm when the lid is open for a long period of time.
Is the door or lid opened often?
- Be aware that this will allow excess moisture into the freezer, potentially creating frost.
- Try to get everything you need out of the freezer at once, keep food organized so it is easy to find, and close the lid as soon as the food is removed.
- Be aware the freezer will warm when the lid is opened often
Still need help? Contact us or schedule service.
Please contact us or click below to make an appointment from our preferred list of service providers for service on your appliances.