Is the lock mechanism preventing the door or lid from closing?
(Style of lock may vary by model number)
- To lock or unlock the freezer, you must hold the key in the lock while turning. The lock is spring-loaded, so the key cannot be left in the lock.
- Clear any frost or debris build-up from lock mechanism that may be preventing door or lid from closing fully.
- Unlock and open the door or lid, close and lock again.
Is the freezer level?
If the freezer is not level it could the lock to not latch correctly. Level the freezer from side to side and front to back.
CLICK HERE for more information on how to level your freezer.
Are the shelves and/or baskets out of position (on some models)?
If the baskets and/or shelves are out of the position is could cause the following:
- Not allow the lid to properly close
- Not allow the lid to properly open
- Allow moisture and air in, potentially causing excessive frost build-up
- Cause compressor to run longer to maintain temperatures
- Lock to not to properly engage
Is there anything preventing the door or lid from closing?
- Check to make sure food packages are not preventing the lock from latching correctly. Rearrange containers so that they fit more tightly and take up less space.
- If your freezer was recently installed, make sure all packaging has been removed. Some packaging used to avoid damage during shipping could keep the door from opening and closing properly. Remove any material, items, or debris from the Door or Lid area.
Still need help? Contact us or schedule service.
Please contact us or click below to make an appointment from our preferred list of service providers for service on your appliances.
Still need help? Call or schedule service.
You may need assistance from a qualified technician. Call 1-800-344-1274 or click below to schedule an appointment.