Was "Extra Rinse" selected?
The Extra Rinse option provides an additional rinse to the selected cycle. From the home screen, touch the Options icon (at the upper right of screen), and the Options screen will show Soil Level, Extra Rinse, Pre-Soak, FanFresh®, Steam Clean, and Wrinkle Shield™ selections. Previously selected "What to Wash" and "How to Wash" options will show on the screen. Touch the screen for each option to change its setting. NOTE: Options will vary by model number, please see your Owner's Manual for specific options for your machine.
Are you using HE High-Efficiency detergent?
Use of non-HE detergent can cause a film residue. Use only HE detergent.
CLICK HERE for more information on the use of HE Detergent
Were you washing a large load?
- Consider reducing your load size. Leave enough space in the washer to allow the load to tumble freely. The washer will not rinse thoroughly or spin correctly if tightly packed.
- Avoid tightly packing the washer. Clothing that is tightly packed in the machine may trap the detergent and not allow it to dissolve completely. Load with dry items only.
- Always use only HE High-Efficiency detergent.
Was a low-speed wash cycle used?
- Powdered detergent may not dissolve well in low-speed wash cycles, such as Delicate or Handwash. Use liquid detergent for best results. Always use only HE High-Efficiency detergent.
- Use a cycle designed for the fabrics being washed.
Is the wash-water temperature too cold?
Laundry detergents are formulated to clean thoroughly at temperatures above 60°F (15.5°C). Water temperatures below 60°F (15.5°C) do not dissolve detergents well, especially powdered detergents. Use liquid detergent for colder water temperatures.
Did you use "no splash" or "easy-pour" liquid chlorine bleach?
This type of liquid chlorine bleach contains a thickening agent that may create excess suds in washers. If this is the case, run the washer with regular liquid bleach products.
The Smart Way to Wash
From our Precision Pour Cap to our ultra-concentrated formula, Swash® delivers the results you want in a compact, intelligent bottle design.
Still need help? Contact us or schedule service.
Please contact us or click below to make an appointment from our preferred list of service providers for service on your appliances.
Interested in purchasing an Extended Service Plan?
Please click below to learn more on how you can save up to 25% on New Appliance Extended Service Plans within 30 days of your appliance purchase.