Is the water turned on?
Ensure the Hot and Cold water valves are fully open; both hot and cold inlet hoses must be connected for the washer to operate correctly.
Check the water inlet hoses.
- Ensure the hoses are not kinked, which can restrict water flow.
- Are they connected correctly? Ensure the hot (red) hose is connected to the hot (red) water valve and the cold (blue) hose is connected to the cold (blue) water valve.
- Was an anti-flood device installed? The washer should be directly connected to the water supply for optimum machine performance. Using anti-flood devices can reduce the water pressure and amount of water entering the appliance. CLICK HERE for more information on the use of flood-safe devices
Are the water inlet screens clogged?
The inlet screens on the washer can become clogged from mineral build-up or from capturing other debris in the water. To check the inlets:
- Turn the water supply off, then use pliers to remove the hoses.
- Place hose ends in a bucket to catch any remaining water.
- Check the inlet screens on the back of the water inlet valve.
- If they appear to be clogged, without removing the screen, clean them with a brush (an old toothbrush works great), mild soap, and water.
Is a water hose clogged?
The water supply hoses can get clogged by mineral build-up or other debris in the water. With the hoses uninstalled, at a sink or other water source, run water through the hoses. If water does not flow completely through the hose or the water stream seems to be restricted, it is recommended the hose be replaced.
Is the drain hose correctly installed?
If the drain hose is not properly installed, the washer will not drain properly. Check the following for proper installation:
- Drain hose extending more than 4.5" (113 mm) into the drainpipe. Use the U-shape drain hose form to provide the correct drain hose length in the drainpipe or laundry tub.
- Drain hose is taped onto the drainpipe or top of the drain pipe covered in tape. Do not seal the drain hose into the drainpipe with tape. The drain hose should be loose, yet secure. There must be a gap between the drain hose and the drain pipe to allow airflow.
- Drainpipe (standpipe) less than the minimum height of 39". Check that the top of the drain is at least 39" (99 cm) high (as measured from the floor.) If the drain is below 39" (99 cm), the water will start to flow out of the machine due to gravity.
Still need help? Contact us or schedule service.
Please contact us or click below to make an appointment from our preferred list of service providers for service on your appliances.
Interested in purchasing an Extended Service Plan?
Please click below to learn more on how you can save up to 25% on New Appliance Extended Service Plans within 30 days of your appliance purchase.