Is the Lint Screen or Vent Clogged?
An AF (Restricted Air Flow) or "Check Vent" error code indicates that the lint screen or vent is clogged; the vent is crushed, kinked or has too many turns. The dryer will continue to run when the is error is present. Touch any key to clear the code from the display and return to the estimated time remaining.
Is the exhaust vent or outside exhaust hood clogged with lint and restricting air movement?
A clogged exhaust vent system slows moist air from leaving the dryer and extends drying time. Run the dryer for 5-10 minutes. Hold your hand under the outside exhaust hood to check air movement. If the air movement is less than a hair dryer on high speed, clean the lint from the entire length of the system and the exhaust hood.
CLICK HERE for more information on cleaning your exhaust vent or outside exhaust hood.
Try the following:
- Clean the lint screen
- Check to see if the vent run from the dryer to the wall is crushed or kinked.
- Confirm that the vent run from the dryer to the wall is free of lint and debris.
- Confirm that the exterior vent exhaust hood is free of lint and debris.
- Confirm that your vent system falls within the recommended run length and number of elbows for the type of vent you are using. See the Installation Instructions for details.
- Select a Timed Dry heated cycle and restart the dryer. If the message persists, have your entire home venting run cleaned. Contact a venting specialist.
A dryer vent test, part #W11224254, is available for all dryer platforms. This vent test kit will help you to determine if the venting is restricted and needs to be cleaned. To order, contact Customer Service.
CLICK HERE to watch a video with information about a clear vent and exhaust
CLICK HERE for information on how to use the vent test kit