How to properly load your Maytag dryer:
Follow these steps for best results:
- Place laundry in the dryer.
- Do not tightly pack the dryer.
- Clothes should be able to move freely.
Tips for improved dryer performance:
- Untangle items from the washer and separately add them into the dryer. Items going into the dryer twisted or tangled will take longer to dry and are more likely to come out of the dryer wrinkled.
- Do not overload. Clothing needs to move freely inside the dryer.
- Tie strings, belts, sashes or other loose / strappy items prior to drying or place in an open mesh bag to prevent tangling and wrinkling of the load. Loose strings may tangle with other items in the dryer load.
For best results, follow the wet load size recommendations noted for each cycle on cycle guide in manuals, select manuals only. Do not overload. Items need to tumble freely.
Small Load: Fill the dryer with 3-4 items, not more than 1/4 full.
Medium Load: Fill the dryer drum up to about 1/2 full.
Large load: Fill the dryer drum up to about 3/4 full.
If you would like to download or view product literature for your appliance, please visit our Manuals and Literature page.