- Zippers, buckles, buttons and rivets on garments as well as loose coins, paper clips, pens, or similar items may be tumbling in the dryer. Always check and clear pockets prior to washing.
- Items leaning against the dryer may also cause a knocking or rattling noise.
- Remove objects from the top of the dryer that may be causing the sound.
- Sometimes when the washer spins, it will cause the dryer cabinet to vibrate. Leave space between the washer and dryer to avoid this sound.
- If the dryer is mounted on a dryer pedestal, items in the pedestal drawer may be rattling/vibrating causing the sound.
- Check that dryer is level; if not, or if one leg is missing, it can cause the dryer to make a rattling noise.
CLICK HERE to watch a video of the sound of garments with rivets and buckles tumbling.
Still need help? Contact us or schedule service.
Please contact us or click below to make an appointment from our preferred list of service providers for service on your appliances.