How to Adjust the Door Spring Tension on Your Maytag Dishwasher
To adjust the door spring tension for Stainless Steel Tub Models, use the following instructions:
- Unhook the spring from the rear leg of the dishwasher.
- With a 5/16" nut driver or hex socket, remove the screw from the tensioner.
- The screw can be put into one of three holes: 1, 2, or 3 in the front leg of the dishwasher. If the door closes by itself, move the tensioner to a higher number hole and replace screw. When door is unlatched, if it opens by itself, move tensioner to a lower numbered hole and replace screw.
- Reattach the door spring to the rear leg. Tensioners on both sides of the dishwasher should be secured at the same holes.
To adjust the door spring tensioner for Plastic Tub Models:
- If the door closes too quickly, decrease the spring tension by moving the spring end toward the front of the dishwasher.
- If the door falls open, increase the spring tension by moving the spring end toward the back of the dishwasher.
- Springs should be in the same notches on the left and right sides.