Detergent Usage Guidelines for Maytag Dishwashers
Was the correct amount of detergent used?
The following information applies whether using powdered, gel, or pacs:
- Use fresh dishwasher detergents only.
- Never use less than 1 tablespoon per load.
- Heavy soil and/or hard water generally require extra detergent.
- Store detergent in a cool, dry area.
- If using detergent pacs or pods, use only 1 pac per load. Follow manufacturer's instructions for pac use.
Is the detergent old (if using powder detergent)?
Older detergent exposed to air will clump and not dissolve well.
Is the detergent caked in the dispenser?
Use fresh detergent only. Clean out the dispenser. Do not allow the caked detergent to sit for several hours in a wet dispenser. Clean the dispenser when caked detergent is present.
Have you cleaned the dishwasher with affresh® Dishwasher Cleaner?
Use affresh® Dishwasher Cleaner monthly to maintain freshness, and keeping the filters and dispenser clean.