Not Powering On - Over-the-Range Microwave
Is the power cord connected?
Verify the power cord is connected to a polarized, grounded, and operational outlet.
If you are not sure the outlet is grounded and operational and is easily accessible, connect a known operating small appliance with a similar power cord to the outlet to verify the outlet is grounded and operational.
- Power the unit down by unplugging the power cord to the microwave or by turning off the circuit breaker for one (1) minute.
- Power the unit up by plugging-in the microwave power cord or by turning on the circuit breaker.
If the outlet is not grounded and operational you may have to contact a qualified electrician.
Has the fuse or circuit breaker tripped?
- Check to make sure a household fuse has not blown or a circuit breaker has tripped.
- Reset the circuit breaker or replace the fuse if necessary. If the problem continues, contact a licensed electrician.
Reset power to the product:
- Power unit down by turning off the circuit breaker(s) for one (1) minute.
- Power unit up by turning on the circuit breaker(s).
- Monitor the oven for one (1) minute to ensure the error code does not display again.
- Verify oven operation.
Is the control set correctly?
- Make sure Control Lock is off.
- Make sure Demo mode (on some models) is off.
- The "Start" button pressed after the cycle was selected.
Still need help? Contact us or schedule service.
Please contact us or click below to make an appointment from our preferred list of service providers for service on your appliances.
Interested in purchasing an Extended Service Plan?
Please click below to learn more on how you can save up to 25% on New Appliance Extended Service Plans within 30 days of your appliance purchase.