Cleaning your Maytag Ceramic Glass Cooktop
- Before cleaning, make sure all controls are off.
- Always follow label instructions on cleaning products.
- To avoid damage to the cooktop, do not use steel wool, abrasive powder cleansers, chlorine bleach, rust remover or ammonia.
Cleans even where you can't see
affresh® cleans deep inside your appliances reaching components such as the tub, racks, pump, valves, drain, and recirculation hoses.
Cleaners are available at many retailers or can be purchased here.
Follow the below three steps to clean your glass cooktop surface and/or remove burnt-on food, food residue, or stains.
STEP 1: Remove food/residue with a scraper designed for a ceramic glass cooktop.
- For best results, use a scraper while the cooktop is still warm but not hot to the touch. It is recommended to wear an oven mitt while scraping the warm cooktop.
- Hold the scraper at approximately a 45° angle against the glass surface, and it might be necessary to apply pressure in order to remove the residue.
- Allow the cooktop to cool down before proceeding to Step 2.
STEP 2: Apply a few dime-sized drops of affresh® cooktop cleaner / ceramic glass cooktop cleaner to the affected areas.
- Rub the affresh® cleaner onto the cooktop surface with the blue cooktop scrubbing pad. Reasonable pressure is needed to remove stubborn stains.
- .Allow the cleaner to dry to a white haze before proceeding to Step 3.
- affresh® cleaners are available at many retailers. Find one here.
STEP 3: Polish with a clean, dry cloth or a clean, dry paper towel.
- Repeat Steps 1 – 3 as necessary for stubborn or burned-on stains.
For more information, watch the following video: