Cleaning the burner ports:
IMPORTANT: Before cleaning, make sure all controls are off and the cooktop is cool. Do not use oven cleaners, bleach or rust removers.
1. Remove the burner cap from the burner base and clean following instructions below.
a. Clean with a nonabrasive plastic scrubbing pad and mildly abrasive cleaner. Clean as soon as cooktop, grates and caps are cool.
b. Gas Grate and Drip Pan Cleaner can be used.
c. Do not clean burner caps in the oven during a Self-Cleaning cycle.
d. Do not wash burner caps in the dishwasher.
2. Clean the gas tube opening with a damp cloth.
3. Clean clogged burner ports with a straight pin as shown below. Do not enlarge or distort the port. Do not use a wooden toothpick, it can break off and obstruct the port. If the burner needs to be adjusted, contact a trained repair specialist.
4. Reinstall the burner cap; make sure the alignment pins are properly adjusted with the burner cap and the correct burner cap is on the correct burner base. The burner cap should fit flush with the burner base and have very little side to side movement.
5. Turn on the burner. If the burner does not light, check cap alignment and if the correct burner cap is on the correct burner base.
CLICK HERE for a video about Cleaning Surface Burners.
Still need help? Call or schedule service.
You may need assistance from a qualified technician. Call 1-800-344-1274 or click below to schedule an appointment.