Are the controls set correctly for the surrounding conditions?
Temperature controls are preset at the factory to the "mid setting" which should be correct for normal household use. The controls are set correctly when beverages are as cold as you would like.
- If you need to adjust the temperature, wait at least 24 hours between adjustments and then recheck the temperature.
- To make the Refrigerator colder, adjust the control to the next higher setting. To make the Refrigerator less cold, adjust the control to the next lower setting.
- Repeat this process until the desired temperature is reached
NOTE: Since control panels vary by Refrigerator type, please see your Use and Care Guide for specific information on your model.
If you would like to download or view product literature for your appliance, please visit our Manuals and Literature page.
Are the air vents blocked?
In order to ensure proper temperature, you need to allow room for proper air flow between the freezer and refrigerator compartments. Cool air enters and exits the refrigerator compartment from the freezer compartment through vents. Depending on your model, these vents are in different locations.
- Locate the vents in both the freezer and refrigerator compartments and ensure that there is nothing blocking the air flow.
- If vents are blocked, airflow will decrease.Temperature and moisture issues may arise due to blocked vents.
- Items placed directly in the air flow from the freezer compartment to the refrigerator compartment may freeze. Do not place temperature sensitive items, such as eggs and liquids, in these areas.
CLICK HERE for additional information on air flow
Has a large amount of food or beverages been added to the refrigerator?
Adding a large amount of food or beverages warms the refrigerator or freezer. It can take several hours for the refrigerator temperature to stabilize after adding a large quantity of warm items.
Has the door been opened often?
- Try to get everything you need out of the refrigerator at once, keep food organized so it is easy to find, and close the refrigerator as soon as the food is removed.
- Be aware the refrigerator will warm when the door is opened often and for long periods of time
- Opening the door often also allows excess moisture into the refrigerator, potentially creating frost or condensation
Is the room temperature hotter than normal?
The motor will run longer under warm conditions. At normal room temperatures, your motor will run about 40% to 80% of the time. Under warmer conditions, expect it to run even more of the time. Do not install in a location where the temperature will fall below 55°F (13°C).
Was the refrigerator recently Installed?
If the refrigerator was recently installed check the following items:
- Allow 24 hours for the refrigerator to reach proper temperatures
- Check to make sure the refrigerator door is sealing properly; removing any missed packaging material or rearranging bins are needed
Still need help? Call or schedule service.
You may need assistance from a qualified technician. Call 1-800-344-1274 or click below to schedule an appointment.