Was your freezer recently Installed?
If the freezer or ice maker was recently installed, you should allow 24 hours for the freezer to cool enough to begin making ice. Once the freezer is completely cooled, the ice maker should produce a batch of cubes about every three hours and may take up to three days to fill the ice bin. Wait 72 hours for full ice production to begin.
- Keeping the door or lid open for a long period of time will allow excess moisture into the freezer, potentially creating frost.
- Close the door or lid as soon as possible after the food is removed.
- Be aware the freezer will warm when the lid is open for a long period of time.
- Be aware that this will allow excess moisture into the freezer, potentially creating frost.
- Try to get everything you need out of the freezer at once, keep food organized so it is easy to find, and close the lid as soon as the food is removed.
- Be aware the freezer will warm when the lid is opened often
Still need help? Call or schedule service.
You may need assistance from a qualified technician. Call 1-800-344-1274 or click below to schedule an appointment.