When should I clean the condenser coils?
How do I clean the condenser coils?
Refer to the Use and Care Guide for additional information on cleaning the condensers for your specific refrigerator model.
Steps to clean the condenser:
- Unplug refrigerator or disconnect power.
- Remove the base grille. Do this by opening both doors, placing your hands along the ends of the grille and pushing in on the top of the grille while pulling up on the bottom.
- Use a vacuum cleaner with a soft brush to clean the grille, the open areas behind the grille and front surface area to be cleaned. A specific Refrigerator Coil Brush can also be used. We recommend using the Whirlpool Maintenance Brush part number: 4210463RW.
- Replace the base grille. Do so by lining up the grille support tabs with the metal clips and pushing the grille firmly to snap into place.
- Plug in refrigerator or reconnect power.